Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spyware Blaster 4.0



I.C.E.


Spyware Blaster version 4.0 is now out. I first learned of this program from the helpful people of SpeedGuide.net, whose TCP optimizer had been the subject of one of my articles.

According to its website, this free software:

  • "Prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
  • Blocks spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
  • Restricts the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer."

The program doesn't run in the background, which conserves system resources.

I could not find a change log of any kind (rushing; office work begins in an hour and thirty) but the interface has undergone a major change (I call it Vista Aero-ish lol!):

Glassssehy!

This software, along with a list of other anti-malware tools I have used, has kept my PC virus-free for over two years or so now. (Only the Filipino-made Imgkulot had managed to break into the collective barrier of those. Tsk. I don't want another Love Bug in the world kabayan! Use your ingenuity for something else bai.)

0 comments: