Tuesday, August 26, 2008

F.E.A.R. Videos - Playing at Extreme Difficulty Without Using SloMo



UPDATED: Added two more video links of intense
PC first-person shooter firefights. See the last two vids.

WARNING: Videos contain graphic details of soldiers in firefights.




Video clips of me playing the PC first-person shooter game F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon).

There's no audio but I hope you'll like the action (perhaps I'll register my GameCam copy one of these days to unlock the audio feature...) :




"Fail." Here an AI tries to vault over a counter.


Two replica soldiers die successively to exploding barrels. FEAR's AI is not so smart when it comes to passing through dangerous objects. :P


One of the things I like about PC first-person shooter is how its AI oftentimes hides and tries to fool you that there are no more enemies left. Here, an AI pops out prematurely, then tries in vain to run for cover.


Another AI runs for cover in this video this. If I were the programmers though, I'd have coded them to stay put and spray lead; I think there's a better chance of the soldiers surviving. At this distance, running from automatic fire was not a good idea.


Shotgun action without using F.E.A.R.'s SloMo feature:



0 comments: