Saturday, November 1, 2008

F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate - Nightcrawler Firefight

Perseus Mandate




SPOILERS!!!!

I've uninstalled F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate yesterday. I said my goodbye to the series that provided me a level of after-work catharsis unprecedented by any game in my collection. Superb AI (better than Crysis' so I've heard from forums and officemates), awesome physics, and good graphics make this series a true classic for me.

I'll be playing it again when (hopefully) I'll get a new PC in the coming months.

I'll be playing Perseus Mandate and the entire F.E.A.R. series again when I get a video card upgrade sometime in the ("FAR!!!" - my wife) future. >)_)

Here's the video (This is one of the hardest levels in Perseus Mandate where you get to fight a swarm of Nightcrawlers --- a free-standing army of mercenaries tasked to recover the DNA of Alma Wade and Paxton Fettel. While it may look like cakewalk, I died 4-5 times before deciding to choose a chokepoint in the level, laying turrets on it, and then laying mines on the area across the general area where I stood my ground.):



F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate at Extreme Difficulty. No SloMo.

0 comments: